- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, chicken, cheese and, if desired, almonds. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
Sort By :
"Delicious! I made a "loaded" salad with the white meat from a rotisserie chicken. We loved the "bite" of the Dijon! Served it with hard boiled egg and put the salad into pita pockets to eat. Thank you, Lynne!"
"I liked the other ingredients but found the dressing too strong. Would make again but with a different dressing."
"Yummy! and So simple! I substituted walnuts for the almonds and added some tart apple and served it in a tortilla bowl."