Chicken Rellenos with Cilantro-Lime Cream Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup cubed pepper Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1. Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Combine chilies and pepper Jack cheese; spoon into each pocket. Secure with toothpicks.
- 2. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chicken on both sides in oil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- 3. Add garlic to skillet; cook for 1 minute. Stir in the cream cheese, broth and lime juice until blended. Bring to a boil. Stir in cilantro and lime peel.
- 4. Remove toothpicks from chicken. Serve with cream sauce. Yield: 4 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup sauce equals 416 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 583 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.