- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and guacamole
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter; place buttered side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Fold plain side of tortilla over cheese. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Quesadillas
Sort By :
"These were very good. I added a little lime juice to the chicken mixture before adding it to the tortilla. I also cooked them in a skillet. The whole family loved them!"
"Very easy, and yummy!"
"Very good and easy to make... will definitely be making again."
"Love this recipe! It's very simple and delicious! Thanks for sharing it."
"I have made these and they are quite good. I too, have just grilled them in the pan instead of the oven, since making in summer and didn't want to heat up the oven. I am curious, though, Misshembree, how much cream cheese did you add? I would like to change them up a bit, and this sounds perfect!"