- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and guacamole
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter; place buttered side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Fold plain side of tortilla over cheese. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Quesadillas
Sort By :
"Family loved these!"
"I grilledl them instead of putting them in the oven. My family loved them."
"I was really looking forward to making this recipe. I was however a little disappointed. The tortillas came out nice and crispy but the chicken mixture was very dry and not very flavorful. I don't know, I might try it again and use different things. I know someone used chicken broth in the mix which might help the dryness and add some more spice to kick it up a notch."
"I made this tonight and I loved them, the only thing that I did different was I made them in a skillet instead of the oven"
"Wow--was e-mailed this recipe today and made it!! It is very tasty and easy to make!!"