Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and guacamole
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter; place buttered side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Fold plain side of tortilla over cheese. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Quesadillas(28)
Sort By :
Best chicken quesadillas ever!
This was fantastic! I love the crispiness of the quesadilla! Looks like it came from a restaurant!
pretty tasty & fast
I would have given this 5 stars but adding salt to this recipe is just wrong! The cheese, butter & salt have ample amounts of sodium in their ingredients!
I have made these a few times for lunch. Mine came out perfect every time. I did not need 1/4c of butter to brush on my tortillas, I used closer to 2T and still had some left in the bowl. I would recommend starting out with 2T and melting more if you need it for some reason. I made a dipping sauce for mine with a mixture of ranch dressing and salsa mixed together. Yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >