- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and guacamole
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter; place buttered side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Fold plain side of tortilla over cheese. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Quesadillas
Sort By :
"Good recipe. I made them in a skillet and they came out great!"
"Easy to prepare and a family pleaser! I had quite a bit of butter left over. Will only melt half that much next time (2 T). I also had enough filling for 7 tortillas. Could have probably stretched it to 8. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!"
"I added cream cheese to the first six ingredients. I cooked mine a little different, but used this recipe as my basic building block! They were a hit....even with my picky eaters (kids 4 & 8)! We also cooked some refried beans to go along with it! I had cooked a whole chicken in the crockpot the evening before, and used the leftover chicken to make these quesadillas. Easy, quick, tasty meal! I highly suggest adding the cream cheese though! Keeps them from getting dry and makes them extra creamy! Yum!"
"This recipe is great fast and delicious for everyone in our household!!!! Thank you"
"I cooked my chicken in chili lime sauce and baked the quesadilla in my quesadilla cooker but otherwise mad as written. Really good."