- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and guacamole
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter; place buttered side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Fold plain side of tortilla over cheese. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Quesadillas
Sort By :
"Love this recipe! It's very simple and delicious! Thanks for sharing it."
"I have made these and they are quite good. I too, have just grilled them in the pan instead of the oven, since making in summer and didn't want to heat up the oven. I am curious, though, Misshembree, how much cream cheese did you add? I would like to change them up a bit, and this sounds perfect!"
"Good recipe. I made them in a skillet and they came out great!"
"Easy to prepare and a family pleaser! I had quite a bit of butter left over. Will only melt half that much next time (2 T). I also had enough filling for 7 tortillas. Could have probably stretched it to 8. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!"
"I added cream cheese to the first six ingredients. I cooked mine a little different, but used this recipe as my basic building block! They were a hit....even with my picky eaters (kids 4 & 8)! We also cooked some refried beans to go along with it! I had cooked a whole chicken in the crockpot the evening before, and used the leftover chicken to make these quesadillas. Easy, quick, tasty meal! I highly suggest adding the cream cheese though! Keeps them from getting dry and makes them extra creamy! Yum!"