- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 5 to 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen petite peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Using a floured 2-1/2-in. heart-shaped or round cutter, cut 18 shapes. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For soup, in a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, onion, celery and carrots; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through. Serve with pastries. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Potpie Soup(36)
Sort By :
This soup is delicious!! I mixed everything up and let the crock pot do all the work (for 6-8 hrs). Will be making this again.
Fantastic, simple recipe. I used a rotisserie chicken to make things faster and only used half a large onion. It turned out excellent. The crust isn't one I'd use for regular pies, but for pot pies, it was absolutely perfect!!! This recipe is a keeper.
This was a breeze to make and the family loved it! I used homemade chicken broth and cooked chicken from my crockpot. Also substituted refrigerated, bagged diced potatoes with onions (cut back on the added onion just a bit) and refrigerated pie crust to save time. Definitely a keeper!
2 thumbs up.
Excellence with homemade broth. We used frozen mixed vegables too.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Potpie Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >