- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 uncooked manicotti shells
- 2 jars (26 ounces each) spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375°. Rub garlic powder over chicken; cut into 1-in. strips. Stuff chicken into manicotti shells. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in each of two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes.
- Place eight stuffed manicotti shells in each dish. Sprinkle with sausage and mushrooms. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over the top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Drizzle water around the edge of each dish. Cover and bake 65-70 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and pasta is tender. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Manicotti
Sort By :
"I want to make this and take for our weekend away. Would it be ok to make Friday and bake on Sunday. The only thing I'm concerned about is the raw chicken sitting with the other ingrediants . I ve made this before and loved it."
"A little time consuming stuffing the manicotti, but not bad considering you get 2 full trays. I put about 4 1" chuncks of chicken per manicotti."
"My husband and I chose this for our special Valentine's dinner. It was extremely easy to prepare and turned out perfect! Delicious!"
"It was okay. There are other pasta dishes I like better, and my husband wasn't really a fan at all."
"Excellent casserole and wonderful to have one put away in the freezer for another day."