- 1 jar (15 ounces) roasted garlic Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 3 cups coarsley chopped fresh spinach
- 4 teaspoons prepared pesto
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in gnocchi and spinach; cook 3-8 minutes or until gnocchi float. Top each serving with pesto. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Gnocchi Pesto Soup
"Quick, easy and delcious! maybe a bit of bacon and onions too would be a good addition. I will definately be making this more and trying various versions."
"This was delicious! Added mushrooms because they needed to be used and added a little more water. Very fast to make."
"we do not have alfredo sauce in jars here so i had to make my ownbut this soup was yummy and easy to make!"
"Thank you, Deanna, my neighbor to the South!! (Minnesota here!!)I finally made this wonderful soup! (Twice!)I did 'sweat' chopped garlic in a bit of butter before adding the other ingredients.(I would suggest whisking the water into the sauce to blend it.)Not wanting to venture out in freezing temps., I did use frozen spinach. Not the kind that is frozen in a block.I made half the recipe because I was dining alone and wanted reruns the next day. Needless to say, there wasn't too much left!I also topped it with some grated parmesan.It was totally a feast for the eyes when topped with a teaspoon of Pesto with the olive oil slowly running off onto the warm soup!!I made it again a few days later!!What more can I say, other than easy, flavorful, and easily 10 stars - or 20!!Loved it - Kitzer"
"This was a big hit with my family and quick and effortless. My husband threw away my Taste of Home magazine, so I was so pleased to find this again online! Making again today :)"
"I made this yesterday. It is just delicious and so easy!"