Chicken Broccoli Calzones Recipe
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 pound smoked mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain. Sprinkle with sage; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the broccoli, chicken, cheese, basil and raisins; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into four pieces. Roll each piece into a 10-in. circle. Carefully place one circle on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon a fourth of the chicken mixture onto half of the circle. Brush edges of dough with water; fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- With a sharp knife, make two slashes on each calzone. Beat egg and water; brush over calzones. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 calzones.
Reviews for Chicken Broccoli Calzones(1)
Sort By :
The combination of broccoli, chicken, and golden raisins was great. But of the four adults who tried this, we all agreed it was too dry and needed a white sauce or something to add to the filling. I don't think I will make this again as I found it to be time consuming as well..
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >