- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Spread over one side of each chicken breast.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken seasoned side down in butter for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, for salsa, in a small bowl, combine the fruit, onion and pepper; set aside. Combine cornstarch and juice until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; pour over fruit mixture and gently toss to coat. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chicken Breasts with Fruit Salsa
Sort By :
We loved this recipe. Next time I will leave the garlic off the chicken and no jalepeno and onion in the fruit salsa and it will be fantastic!