- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Spread over one side of each chicken breast.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken seasoned side down in butter for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, for salsa, in a small bowl, combine the fruit, onion and pepper; set aside. Combine cornstarch and juice until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; pour over fruit mixture and gently toss to coat. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Breasts with Fruit Salsa in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2003, p5
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Breasts with Fruit Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2011
We loved this recipe. Next time I will leave the garlic off the chicken and no jalepeno and onion in the fruit salsa and it will be fantastic!
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >