- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3/4 pound smoked Polish sausage or fully cooked bratwurst links, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) Parmesan Ragu® Classic Alfredo
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the chicken, sausage, onion and red and green peppers in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the Alfredo sauce, soup, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in cheese. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve desired amount immediately. Cool remaining mixture; transfer to freezer containers. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen pasta: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a large skillet; cook and stir over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chicken and Sausage Penne
Sort By :
"This was very good and easy to make. I think I will leave out the sausage next time. The sausage gave it a little bit of an unusual flavor."
"Yummy! I've made this twice - I only used 1 jar of alfredo sauce and I made the recipe the night before and then baked it at 350 degrees for 40 minutes (covered)."
"Very Good. I wll make again. Next time I will have my Meat and vegetables all chopped and ready to go!! It will go a lot faster. I only had CoJack cheese,but it worked well!"