- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Stir in tortellini; return to a boil. Cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken, spinach and pepper; cook until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Chicken & Spinach Tortellini Soup
"Fabulous!! My 4 children rated it 100 :) they loved it! I used what I had on hand. Used more fresh garlic (heaping soup spoon), canned white breast meat chicken, broth from canned chicken, 1 can chicken broth (added water and chicken bouillon to make up the full 4 cans total), 20 ounce pkg herb chicken tortellini, did not chop baby spinach and used fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Also added a bit if Cayenne pepper for kick. It is a hit! (Eating as I type this!) I also did not use low sodium chicken broth so it was nice and tasty."
"Bland, but good and easy. Needs some spice."
"Outstanding! My family loved it and didn't have any leftovers.. Will be making it again.."
"This was delicious! I doubled the recipe and barely had any leftovers. Will certainly make again!"
"This is very easy to make and my husband and I both really enjoy it."
"Very good soup! will make again, both my husband and son approved and of course I liked it too!"
"Very hearty soup. Very good!"
"Fantastic! Super easy and full of flavor :)"
"My daughter's new favorite soup! Very easy to make."