Chicken & Cheese Noodle Bake Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti, broken
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute onions and peppers in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken, soups, sour cream, celery salt and pepper.
- Drain spaghetti; add to sauce mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews for Chicken & Cheese Noodle Bake(13)
Sort By :
I made this for a co-worker whose wife just had a baby and it's delicious. Would make this for my family.
I use two cans of cream of chicken with herbs, chopped up a stalk of celery and added a can of Rotel tomatoes for the kick and color. Didn't add flour, butter and only one onion, sauted the vegetables in a small amount of olive oil. Very good.
This is much better using homemade noodles instead of spaghetti. I dissolve a chicken bulion cube in about tabs. of hot water and add to cream soups. I chop up some celery instead of peppers. No need for butter and flour! Instead of the cream of mushroom; use all cream of chicken soup OR cream of celery (really good!). Way too much onion! I mix some of the cheese right into the casserole and then top it with the rest mixed with bread crumbs or crunched up potato chips. Should cook 30 minutes.
This is soooo good! My hubby liked it but thought it was too bland (but he puts Tabasco on almost everything) and I liked it except for the peppers. I will make this again and leave out the peppers and he can just put on Tabasco and we will both be happy :)
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Freezer Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Noodle Casserole >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >