- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 12 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Divide among eight dessert dishes, about 4 rounded teaspoonfuls in each.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add milk until blended. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Spoon 1/4 cup into each dish. Top with pie filling, about 1/4 cup in each. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert
"I have been making this recipe in pie form for years and years. When my nieces and nephews were young, they asked for this instead of birthday cake. Making it in individual servings is a great idea. It is a wonderful dessert and is very versatile regarding the topping. The fact that it is so incredibly easy makes it almost irresistible!"
"Recipes for Taste Of Home don't have to be "original". Some cooks are new and have not been making this recipe for 50 years. This was delicious and light, versatile dessert and a "keeper"!"
"This is an excellent recipe, but my mom was making this in a pie 50 years ago...the only thing different is its split into single servings...not really original."
"Cherry Delight in single servings............ "delightful""
"Many years ago there was a very similar recipe on the label of the store bought graham cracker crust pie shell. Delish! Too sweet for my groups personal taste so I played with the recipe by using more cream cheese and half the sweetened condensed milk. My group loves citrus, so we have mixed it up using lime or orange, including zest. Also great with fresh fruit on top. A great base recipe to personalize to suit your liking."
"What if I wanted to make in a single dish instead of individual dessert dishes. What size pan would it take, do you think?"
"This tastes like cheesecake and I think it is delicious! It is so easy to put together. I was concerned about the amount of lemon juice in the recipe, thinking it was too much. I followed the recipe amount and it turned out great. I was out of canned cherry pie filling so I used thawed frozen strawberries with some sugar added instead"