- 2-1/2 pounds zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup diced process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- Place zucchini in a saucepan and cover with water; cook over medium heat until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain well. Add cheese, butter, salt and pepper; stir until the cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Zucchini Casserole
"My family and I started making vegetarian meals and this one was awesome. We all loved it, even my 9 year old son. It tastes like mac n cheese just healthier!!"
"Great even for those not fans of zucchini. So easy to make too!"
"Definitely a hit, people were asking for the recipe!"
"YES, Great way to get the family to eat veggies! Delicious recipe!"
"Everyone raved about this one. A great way to sneak veggies onto a kid's plate!"