- 1 package (16 ounces) rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and salt until smooth; gradually add milk and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add eggs. Spoon into two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Layer each with one can of tomato sauce, half the mozzarella cheese and half the white sauce. Sprinkle each with half the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake casseroles, uncovered, at for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews for Cheesy Rigatoni Bake(20)
Sort By :
This was very good. I think I did something wrong though because the eggs were visible. Some were scrambled inside of the noodles. It still tasted good though.
If you make this recipE the right way it comes out awesome. If you are using plain sauce I suggest adding basil and oregano about a spoonful of each. I made this for a dinner for family I had visiting and everyone including my pasta hating husband loved it. I'm making this again today for a big family get together and I'm making it with garlic bread and salad.
Even though my white sauce didn't come out quite smooth, this was decadent. We gobbled this up.
Added Italian sausage and used spaghetti sauce, Mmmmm delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >