- 1 package (16 ounces) rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and salt until smooth; gradually add milk and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add eggs. Spoon into two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Layer each with one can of tomato sauce, half the mozzarella cheese and half the white sauce. Sprinkle each with half the Parmesan cheese.
Bake casseroles, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Freeze option:Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Cover and bake 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 7-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews for Cheesy Rigatoni Bake
Sort By :
"We all enjoyed this one, will make again!"
"I made this with skim milk and cut the recipe in half. This was very creamy recipe. I did use homemade pasta sauce as well. which added a lot of flavor. I also added minced garlic to the skim milk sauce."
"This was very good. I think I did something wrong though because the eggs were visible. Some were scrambled inside of the noodles. It still tasted good though."
"If you make this recipE the right way it comes out awesome. If you are using plain sauce I suggest adding basil and oregano about a spoonful of each. I made this for a dinner for family I had visiting and everyone including my pasta hating husband loved it. I'm making this again today for a big family get together and I'm making it with garlic bread and salad."