Cheesy Chicken Chowder Recipe
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat; add the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheese, stirring until melted; add to broth along with chicken. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken Chowder
Sort By :
This is a fantastic recipe. Instead of using chicken broth from a can, I used the water from boiling/cooking the boneless-skinless breasts and thighs. It is very tasty and invites you to add a variety of vegetables such as peas or mushrooms, etc. Be creative.
I have made this many times and it is always a hit.
Delicious! We took home the trophy at a chowder cook-off with this recipe. It is kid friendly too.
We took home the trophy at a chowder cook-off with this recipe. It is very kid friendly too.
Highly considering making this tomorrow, Friday. Daughter had oral surgery so want to give her this. Am sure will be easy to eat!