Cheesy Chicken Chowder Recipe
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat; add the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheese, stirring until melted; add to broth along with chicken. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken Chowder
Sort By :
"I think garlic would be a nice addition to the chowder."
"This is a fantastic recipe. Instead of using chicken broth from a can, I used the water from boiling/cooking the boneless-skinless breasts and thighs. It is very tasty and invites you to add a variety of vegetables such as peas or mushrooms, etc. Be creative."
"I have made this many times and it is always a hit."
"Delicious! We took home the trophy at a chowder cook-off with this recipe. It is kid friendly too."
"We took home the trophy at a chowder cook-off with this recipe. It is very kid friendly too."