- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen broccoli florets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well. In a large saucepan, combine the soup, sour cream, 1 cup cheese and 1-1/4 cups onions. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the broccoli.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onions. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Cheddar Broccoli Casserole
Sort By :
It's a great recipe but only if you add 1 can of cream corn! It makes it amazing. Without the cream corn, it just isn't the same. It gives it that extra something & everyone loves it!
I've been making this since it was first published in 2005. It never fails to get rave reviews!
Delicious! I used a little less broccoli and added 1 cup of cooked white rice to this recipe. I also chopped up my own onion to the mix. For such a simple recipe, this was big on flavor. I would make it again! :)
The best broccoli cheese casserole ever! Simply delicious. I cut down the broccoli amount slightly and added 1 cup of cooked white rice to the recipe. I also chopped up my own onion in the mixture, although I did top with the french fried onions. I will definitely be making this again! :)
This recipe is always a hit when I make it. If I don't bring it to a family function, there are always complaints.