- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional lemon peel, optional
- Mint leaves, optional
- In a bowl, Combine cracker crumbs and butter. Firmly press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla and lemon peel just until blended. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven; let stand for 5 minutes (leave oven on). Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread carefully over pie. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with mint and lemon peel if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesecake Pie
Sort By :
Excellent taste. Like the other commenter, I did need to bake it about 10 minutes longer before adding the topping. I made it without the crust to keep it gluten-free and it worked out nicely.
Creamy with excellent flavor! In my oven I had to bake a little longer before adding the sour cream topping. Also used double strength vanilla. Family loved it!
I made this for Christmas for at my mother-in-laws request. She raved about it, said it was the best cheesecake she ever ate. The rest of my family agreed.