"A FRIEND gave me this recipe, and I love it so much! The secret is in the baking—I just let it barely show little bubbles on the surface before I take it out of the oven. You don't want cheesecake to bake too long."
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional lemon peel, optional
- Mint leaves, optional
- In a bowl, Combine cracker crumbs and butter. Firmly press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla and lemon peel just until blended. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven; let stand for 5 minutes (leave oven on). Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread carefully over pie. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with mint and lemon peel if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cheesecake Pie in Reminisce May/June 1992, p33
Reviews for Cheesecake Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review