- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional lemon peel, optional
- Mint leaves, optional
- In a bowl, Combine cracker crumbs and butter. Firmly press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla and lemon peel just until blended. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven; let stand for 5 minutes (leave oven on). Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread carefully over pie. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with mint and lemon peel if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesecake Pie
"I like making this recipe when I want cheesecake for a smaller number of people. It tastes just like my regular cheesecake recipe made in a springform pan with larger quantities of ingredients, and I don't have to worry about leftovers to tempt me! I like drizzling each slice with caramel and chocolate sauces. It looks and tastes great!"
"This is almost as good as a regular cheesecake, but so much easier to make."
"This taste exactly like a famous restaurants cheesecake pie! My husband and I loved it. I will be making this again. It did need the extra 10 minutes of baking time before the sour cream layer, though."
"I have made several cheesecakes. This was the easiest. It did not crack and was very creamy. There were a few adjustments that I made and it turned out great:Instead of sugar I used 1/2 container sweetened condensed milk and 1 tbsp agave syrup.Used the juice and zest of 2 Meyer lemons for a tangy kick.I ran out of time and used a prepaid graham cracker crust which was the perfect size.It took an extra 10 minutes at 325 F.Omitted the topping."
"Excellent taste. Like the other commenter, I did need to bake it about 10 minutes longer before adding the topping. I made it without the crust to keep it gluten-free and it worked out nicely."