My biscuits won the division Best Quick Bread at my county fair. One of the judges liked it so much, she asked for the recipe! These buttery, savory biscuits go with just about anything.—Tall Pines Farm, Gloria Jarrett, Loveland, Ohio
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the baking mix, cheese, garlic powder and salad dressing mix. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 450° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients. Brush over biscuits. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cheese & Garlic Biscuits in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p24
Reviews for Cheese & Garlic Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review