Parmesan Basil Biscuits
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, basil, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper. Stir in buttermilk and oil just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; gently knead three times. Roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 16-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 129 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 16, 2012
These biscuits are delicious! They were part of our comfort food Sunday dinner, and I couldn't have been happier with how they turned out. Perfect with a touch of butter :)
Jul 21, 2009
Just pulled these out of the oven and took a bite. They are delicious! I used fresh basil from the garden and left out the salt because I used a salty Parmesan.
Aug 24, 2008
Wow, these are excellent! I substituted fat-free yogurt for the buttermilk and had to add a bit of skim milk to get the right consistency.