“This recipe came from my grandmother many years ago,” says Linda Chaput of North Bay, Ontario. “It's absolutely delicious. You can also use cream of mushroom soup instead of tomato or add a piece of onion to the cheese in the center.”
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 8 cubes cheddar cheese (1/2 inch each)
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into eight portions. Shape each portion around a cheese cube.
- Place meatballs in an 8-in. x 4-in. glass loaf pan coated with cooking spray; top with soup. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Stuffed Meatballs in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p21
Reviews for Cheddar Stuffed Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review