Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 cups cubed bread
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground sirloin
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara sauce
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble pork and beef over mixture; mix well. Cut mozzarella into eighteen 1/2-in. cubes. Divide meat mixture into 18 portions; shape each around a cheese cube.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs in oil in batches until a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 160°; drain. In a large saucepan, heat marinara sauce; add meatballs and heat through. Serve over pasta. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meatball mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary. Serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 334 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 27, 2017
These were so good! My hubby took them to work the next day and said they were gone by 8 am. I served them over squash noodles.. Delicious!
Dec 6, 2015
This is a great recipe. We like to add Italian sausage instead of ground pork for some extra flavor.
Dec 16, 2014
I like to use Newman's Italian dressing, I also am liberal with the herbs. If you have any left over, they make a wonderful meatball sandwich.
May 12, 2013
I made these meatballs, following the recipe to a 'T.' For me, they were just OK. If one were to eliminate the salad dressing, I really don't think these meatballs would have any taste at all. I probably won't make again. I actually like better the ones sold at the meat counter in one of the supermarkets in town :(
Jan 17, 2012
My husband loved them!
Dec 18, 2011
I was worried my husband wouldn't like these because he doesn't eat a lot of cheese, but to my surprise he couldn't get enough! (Make sure to enclose the meat around the cheese very well or it will leak out.)
Nov 28, 2011
Love this recipe. If you use cheese sticks it is a little easier!
Jul 25, 2011
My family absolutely loved these meatballs. I made a few changes. I used ground turkey(which gave me really plump meatballs) and I added chopped sun-dried tomatoes to my meatball mixture. I also used a Aged Romano Italian dressing....it was delicious!!! Will definitely do this again
Mar 16, 2011
Excellent recipe. I use bread crumbs instead of cubed bread. This recipe is so good that someone broke into my house and ate all my meatballs. True story.
Oct 1, 2008
To Sharon_KY --- I use Wishbone Italian dressing in the meatballs. Not the House Italian or Robusto Italian, just the regular Italian. It has plenty of herbs and spices and it gives the meatballs a nice flavor. However, if you prefer Zesty Italian, I'm sure it would taste great!