Cheddar Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in cheese and shortening until crumbly. Add buttermilk; stir until just moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 biscuits.
Reviews for Cheddar Biscuits(2)
Sort By :
These biscuits are wonderful and so quick to make. I have made them several times and prepare the dough in the food processor. They always turn out light and fluffy. I substitute butter for the shortening, as I do not like shortening.
My husband raved over these biscuits. They were yummy and easy to make since I made them as drop biscuits.