- Pastry for a single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 large tart apples, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese or shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Roll pastry to fit a greased 12-in. pizza pan; flute edges. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Arrange apples in a single layer in a circular pattern to completely cover pastry. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over cheese.
- Cut butter into small pieces and dot top of pizza. Bake for 20 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Cut into wedges; serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Apple Pizza
Sort By :
"I prepared this recipe for the first time on 1/17/14. I think my first try at making this pizza worked out quite well! Again, I DID make some modifications: I used 1/4 cup packed brown sugar & 1/2 cup granulated sugar instead of all brown sugar! I used at least 2 large apples, rather than 4 large apples for the filling! I'd prepared my pie crust for a single crust pie and I baked the crust 10 minutes by putting my Pie-Partner pie shell inserter on top of the crust so that it would not puff up and pull away from the pizza pan! I placed the slices of apple in a single layer, but in a circular pattern to cover the pie crust and I found that I needed to bake the pizza for 30 minutes instead of 20 minutes to make sure that the apples WERE tender! I used margarine instead of butter to dot the filling and for me that worked out well! I did use the 400o F. oven! I also used the 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese-it was already shredded & packaged as such! I used a combination of pecans & walnuts in a 1/2 cup amount! I did notice that the crust had to be really rolled out & while I was able to fit in into the pizza pan, I had to build up the edges in order to give the rim a fluted edge! It does look quite nice! I'm reserving the pizza for one of the depts. I work in at the local hospital on 1/20/14! Thank you, Anna Beckley, for sharing this recipe with Taste of Home! I also had to use at least 1 pizza recipe for a TOH pizza-based theme for our Cook's Corner Forum and this one was one of the 2 pizza recipes I chose to use! delowenstein"