- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh gingerroot
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1-1/2 cups chilled Champagne
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Red food coloring
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup sugar, water and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature. Drain and discard ginger.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute. Heat and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in remaining sugar; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in Champagne. Pour into eighteen 2-oz. tall shot glasses. Refrigerate until partially set, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place strawberries in a food processor; process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in 2 tablespoons cooled simple syrup (discard or save remaining syrup for another use). Tint red if desired.
- To form blood in gelatin, fill a clean eye dropper with strawberry mixture. Insert into partially set gelatin and squeeze to release strawberry mixture while pulling dropper upward. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Champagne Blood Shots in Ultimate Halloween 2014 2014, p61
Reviews for Champagne Blood Shots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review