Champagne, brown sugar and honey combine to make a beautiful glossy glaze. The ham slices turn out tender and juicy every time. —Linda Foreman, Locust Grove, Oklahoma
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (9 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups Champagne
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until glaze is reduced by half. Remove from the heat.
- Baste ham with glaze; bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting twice with glaze. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Champagne Baked Ham in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p47
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Champagne Baked Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review