- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (9 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups Champagne
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until glaze is reduced by half. Remove from the heat.
- Baste ham with glaze; bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting twice with glaze. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 18 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Champagne Baked Ham
Sort By :
"My family loved this for Easter dinner - husband said it was my best ham yet! :)"
"Superb! I made this ham for our family Christmas dinner and was told by a handful of relatives that this is the best ham they had ever tasted. I didn't have honey on hand so used dark corn syrup instead and it may have been even better because of it. Also, I used a very old bottle of inexpensive champagne that was in the cupboard and it didn't matter"
"Made this ham for Christmas dinner, and everyone loved it. I saved the glaze from the bottom of the roasting pan and served it on the side for those that wanted it. Will definitely make this again, and thanks for sharing the recipe!"
"Delicious glaze! I used a sweet champagne, which worked very well with the ham. Such an easy dinner to make - you'll have your dinner guests raving (and thinking you've been slaving away at the oven). And who minds toasting to a delicious dinner to come with the leftover champagne?!"