Cultivate compliments with this quick cracker spread coated with crushed tortilla chips. Taco seasoning, green onions and ripe olives dress up the thick mixture of cream cheese and cheddar.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 5 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup finely crushed nacho tortilla chips
- Celery leaves
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and cheddar cheese until blended. stir in the olives, onions, pimientos and taco seasoning. On a serving plate, shape mixture into a carrot shape; press crushed nacho chips onto entire surface. Place celery leaves at top of carrot. Serve with crackers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Carrot-Shaped Cheese Spread in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p44
Reviews for Carrot-Shaped Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review