- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups finely grated carrots (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and peel until blended; set aside. In another small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, milk and orange juice; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in the carrots, raisins and walnuts.
- Fill greased muffin cups with 2 tablespoons batter. Top each with 2 teaspoons filling; top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Carrot Cheesecake Muffins
Sort By :
"These were so moist and delicious! Next time I will try adding nuts! As for the layers coming out I followed someone's else advice and put the cream cheese mixture in the fridge/freezer to harden up a bit before adding to muffin pan and they turned out with a nice middle layer! Very addictive!"
"It's just hard to put the filling in... it turn out to become a layer just like the other reviews said. Flavor-wise, it turned out good."
"I made this for a brunch and the results were wonderful. Not a crumb left. So yummy,moist, and filling."
"add 1/2 cup crushed pineapple for added moisture."