- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 10 to 12 Popsicle sticks
- 10 to 12 medium tart apples, washed and dried
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter; add the brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, about 10-12 minutes. Stir in milk. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 248° (firm-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Insert Popsicle sticks into apples. Dip each apple into hot caramel mixture; turn to coat. Dip bottom of apples into peanuts. Place on greased waxed paper until set. Yield: 10-12 apples.
Reviews for Carnival Caramel Apples
Sort By :
"This does not even deserve a star it was liquid it never set up it wouldnt stick to the apples nothing just a gritty runny sauce not even thick enough for dipping or anything"
"I have been looking for a "from scratch" caramel apple recipe for ages now and this one is above my expectations. It was easy and the end result were delicious caramel apples that were gone in a flash!. I will definitely be using more of your recipes! Thanks."
"This caramel is AMAZING. It's exactly what I was looking for. I wanted to dip fruit instead of make caramel apples so I did not cook it to 248 degrees (more like 200) & it is the most perfect consistency for dipping. YUM!!! Will make again & again."
"I loved making these they were delicious"
"This was the easiest caramel apple recipe ever with superb results. I also only let my candy thermometer reach 240 as it was the perfect consistency ."