Ultimate Oreo Caramel Apples
My kids like to give Halloween goodies to the neighborhood trick-or-treaters. These cookie-caramel apples were door prizes for a few lucky ghosts and goblins. —Jennifer Gilbert, Brighton, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min.
- 6 wooden pop sticks
- 6 small Gala apples
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 20 Oreo cookies, coarsely crushed
- 1 package (10 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Insert pop sticks into tops of apples. Place caramels and milk in a small saucepan; heat and stir over medium-low heat 3-5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently. Dip apples in caramel mixture, coating completely. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; let stand until set, about 10 minutes.
- Place crushed cookies in a shallow bowl. In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over hot water, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip apples in chocolate mixture, allowing excess to drip off; dip in cookies, rolling to coat. Return to baking sheet; refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.
Nutrition Facts1/2 dipped apple: 329 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.