Chocolaty Caramel Apples
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 medium apples
- 2 Popsicle sticks
- 18 Riesen's chewy chocolate-covered caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Wash and dry apples; remove stems. Insert Popsicle sticks into apples. Place on a buttered baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt caramels and cream over low heat until smooth, stirring occasionally. Place peanuts in shallow dish; set aside.
- Working quickly, dip each apple into hot caramel mixture to completely coat, then dip the bottom and sides into peanuts. Place on prepared pan; let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 590 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 83g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 4, 2012
We always slice our apples then pour the stuff over the top. makes it easer to eat
Oct 22, 2011
Wow! These were easy and delicious! I used Honey Crisp apples! Yummy!