Once you taste this fabulous dip, you'll never go back to store-bought french onion dip. While it take a little longer to make, I promise it's worth every minute. —Kelly Gardner, Alton, Illinois
Featured In: Classy Appetizers for Your Oscars Party
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Potato chips, corn chips and/or assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, yogurt, onion powder and salt; stir in two-thirds cooked onions. Transfer to a serving bowl; top with remaining onions. Serve with chips and vegetables. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Caramelized Onion Dip in Appetizers for Every Occasion 2012 2012, p99
Reviews for Caramelized Onion Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2017
"Prepared as written EXCEPT, I added a few cloves of garlic in with the onions. We love onions and garlic. Great recipe for onion lovers! Thanks for sharing Kelly!"