- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cream
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the cream, water and corn syrup until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla until butter is melted. Serve warm or cold over ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 1 cup.
Originally published as Caramel Ice cream Sauce in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p11
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Caramel Ice Cream Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2012
"A staple in our desserts now - perfect for homemade ice cream or as a topping for pie or cake. Love it!!"
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2009