Caramel Ice Cream Sauce Recipe
In Reno, Nevada, Julee Wall berg stirs up this delightful dessert sauce on the stovetop. With its smooth texture and yummy taste from brown sugar, it's terrific drizzled over ice cream.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cream
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the cream, water and corn syrup until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla until butter is melted. Serve warm or cold over ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 1 cup.
Originally published as Caramel Ice cream Sauce in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Caramel Ice Cream Sauce(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review