Captain Russell's Jambalaya Recipe
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound fully cooked andouille sausage links, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in the shrimp, sausage and rice. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Remove foil and stir; cover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Captain Russell's Jambalaya(16)
Sort By :
AMAZING! It was so easy to make and didn't take long to cook therefore something I could cook any night of the week. Only substitution was I used mild italian sausage instead of andouille and a dash of red pepper flakes instead of the hot sauce.
AMAZING! It was so easy to make and didn't take long to cook therefore something I could cook any night of the week. Only substitution was I used mild italian sausage and a dash of red pepper flakes instead of the hot sauce.
I made this according to the recipe. It was very good. The whole family liked it. I did add some extra broth after the first 45 minutes and I would probably add even a bit more next time. I would also up the meat. Definitely do the whole pound of sausage and perhaps add some chicken. Definitely a do over!
I made this just like the recipe with no substitutions. It is absolutely amazing. I have never had Jambalaya before but thought this was so good that I could almost picture myself eating in New Orleans.
Super easy and super yummy. Not a big fan of shrimp so I substitute chicken instead. =)
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Casserole Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >