Cappuccino Mousse Trifle Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 loaves (10-3/4 ounces each) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, stir milk and coffee granules until dissolved; remove 1 cup and set aside. Add pudding mixes to the remaining milk mixture; beat on low speed for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in half of the whipped topping.
- Place a third of the cake cubes in a 4-qt. serving or trifle bowl. Layer with a third of the reserved milk mixture and pudding mixture and a fourth of the grated chocolate. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with remaining whipped topping and chocolate. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Cappuccino Mousse Trifle(13)
Sort By :
This was very good. As specified, easy to make, looks good and tastes good. Would make it again.
Fantastic tasting, easy trifle to make. Will definitely making again.
I have nade this several times and it is always a big hit! If you don't think there is enough of the filling you can always just get a small container of cool whip for the top of the trifle and use all of what is in the larger container for the filling. I have never had trouble with the recipe as is! I have several friends who don't like coffee flavor anything and go back for seconds with this one!
Not enough "mousse" for the rest of the recipe. In fairness - cappuccino is not my favorite trifle flavor..... No, will not make it again.
We made this for a Christmas dessert and it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it and it was super easy. Definitely a new favorite amongst family and friends.