Triple Chocolate Mousse Torte
When it's too hot to bake something sweet, but you're craving chocolate, my triple chocolate mousse tart is all you need. You don't have to have any specific order to the layers, so get creative. —Samantha Hernandez, Vacaville, California
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 18 Oreo cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 6 teaspoons unflavored gelatin, divided
- 3 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 5 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 5 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pulse cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add melted butter; pulse until combined. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle 2 teaspoons gelatin over 1 tablespoon cold water; let stand 1 minute. Heat and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved; remove from heat.
- Place bittersweet chocolate and 1/2 cup cream in a metal bowl over a small saucepan of hot water; heat and stir until mixture is smooth. Stir in gelatin mixture. Transfer to a medium bowl; cool completely. Repeat twice with milk and white chocolates.
- In a large bowl, beat vanilla and remaining 3 cups cream until stiff peaks form. Fold 2 cups whipped cream (1/3 of total) into cooled bittersweet chocolate; spread over crust. Refrigerate until set, 25-30 minutes. Repeat twice with milk and white chocolates, keeping remaining whipped cream chilled until needed.
- Refrigerate torte, covered, until set, about 4 hours. To serve, loosen sides from pan with a knife. Carefully remove rim from pan.
Test Kitchen tips