- 1 rotisserie chicken, cut up
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 jar (15-1/2 ounces) salsa con queso dip, warmed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2-2/3 cups crushed nacho-flavored tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients; heat through, stirring occasionally. Brush butter over one side of each tortilla.
- Place one tortilla in a large skillet, buttered side down. Spread with 1 cup chicken mixture; top with another tortilla, buttered side up. Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Turn quesadilla.
- Spread 1/2 cup queso dip over quesadilla; carefully sprinkle cheese along outer edge. Cook, covered, 1-2 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
- Remove to a cutting board. Sprinkle crushed chips over queso dip. Cut quesadilla into six wedges. Place a small dollop of sour cream at the point of each wedge. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Candy Corn Quesadillas
"a good recipe, especially when you have a quesadilla maker!! The chicken mixture tasted great!"
"This recipe was DEILICIOUS!!! I love how festive it is for Halloween and the whole family loved them! I could eat this everyday. The only thing I did different was cook the shredded cheese in with the chicken filled."
"Absolutely delicious! The sweetness from the barbecue sauce and corn was a nice balance to the spiciness of the salsa and smokiness of the cumin. This would be fun to serve for October football viewing! Pair it with a microbrew and you have a winner! Forget the 7 Layer Bean Dip!"
"I just received my Sept./Oct. 2013 issue of TOH & was so excited to see this recipe! What a cute idea!"