- 2-3/4 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place pecans in a shallow baking pan in a 250° oven for 10 minutes or until warmed. Grease a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
- Grease the sides of a large heavy saucepan with remaining butter; add sugar, water, salt and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. Cover; cook 2 minutes to dissolve any sugar crystals that may form on the sides of pan.
- Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 236° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; add vanilla. Stir in warm pecans until evenly coated.
- Spread onto prepared baking pan. Bake at 250° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Spread on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet to cool. Yield: about 1 pound.
Reviews for Candied Pecans
Sort By :
"I made these yesterday, and I can't stop eating them! Perfectly spiced with just the right amount of sweetness (although I have Saigon Cinnamon which is a little more potent). Easy to make. I put some around the pumpkin pie as a decoration. I will be making this again...maybe even this weekend."
"Loved this recipe!! I doubled the cinnamon as suggested in other reviews and my goodness it's delicious!! Will be great in my salads or as a sweet snack!!"
"Oh my, now I need only Diamond of Cali pecans?i guess i can't make them huh?"
"These are delicious! I can't wait to try them with some ice cream, but they are great by themselves too! I do think they need a little bit more cinnamon than the recipe calls for, but that is just my personal preference. I got after mixing the nuts with the sugar mixture because it looks nothing like the picture and the nuts were all stuck together. However, after it baked in the oven, the nuts were easy to separate and the sugar coating started to get crunchy. I did not have waxed paper, so I just left them on the cookie sheet to cool, and they turned out just fine."
"These are amazing. My home now smells like Christmas....in July. Will make again."