Candied Pecans Recipe
- 2-3/4 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place pecans in a shallow baking pan in a 250° oven for 10 minutes or until warmed. Grease a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
- Grease the sides of a large heavy saucepan with remaining butter; add sugar, water, salt and cinnamon. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cover and cook for 2 minutes to dissolve sugar crystals.
- Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 236° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; add vanilla. Stir in warm pecans until evenly coated.
- Spread onto prepared baking pan. Bake at 250° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Spread on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet to cool. Yield: about 1 pound.
Reviews for Candied Pecans
Sort By :
"Oh my, now I need only Diamond of Cali pecans?i guess i can't make them huh?"
"These are delicious! I can't wait to try them with some ice cream, but they are great by themselves too! I do think they need a little bit more cinnamon than the recipe calls for, but that is just my personal preference. I got after mixing the nuts with the sugar mixture because it looks nothing like the picture and the nuts were all stuck together. However, after it baked in the oven, the nuts were easy to separate and the sugar coating started to get crunchy. I did not have waxed paper, so I just left them on the cookie sheet to cool, and they turned out just fine."
"These are amazing. My home now smells like Christmas....in July. Will make again."
"Thank You -Thank you -Thank you!!This recipe is AMAZING! Very easy to make. I made a 2lbs. and they lasted less than 1hr!!! I did make 1lb just as your recipe.And the 2nd batch I added Ginger instead of Cinnamon and 1tsp of black pepper. My husband loved them!!!"
"We LOVED these nuts!Next time I'll double the batch! TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE sums it up!"