Candied Fruit Cookies Recipe
"These no-fuss drop cookies are both nutty and fruity, so they're always a hit at holiday time," notes busy baker Florence Monson of Denver, Colorado.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups pitted dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup each chopped candied cherries and pineapple
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped Brazil nuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in fruits and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 7 dozen.
Originally published as Candied Fruit Cookies in Country Woman November/December 1998, p41
Reviews for Candied Fruit Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2010
Absolutely, wondeful.... I used walnuts instead of brazil nuts...... I also added 1/4 cup of lard and 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar instead of the 3/4 cup of sugar. The cookies were omgosh..... delicious. Sinfully Good!