“I served this to company during the holidays and their response was great," writes Joan Airey of Rivers, Manitoba. "For extra color, I sometimes sprinkle the mushrooms with fresh parsley after they’re baked.”
- 30 to 35 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 pound Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop; set caps aside. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, bacon, red pepper, onion, salt and pepper in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in cheeses. Fill each mushroom cap with about 1 tablespoon of filling.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 30-35 appetizers.
Originally published as Canadian Bacon-Stuffed Mushrooms in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p27
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Canadian Bacon-Stuffed Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review