Once you try these mini-sized calzones, you may never go back to the large ones. Not only do these pretty bites take advantage of convenient refrigerator crescent rolls, but they can be made ahead and popped in the oven right before company arrives. No one can eat just one and people love the cheesy, fresh taste! —Lisa Smith, Bryan, Ohio
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix the first nine ingredients.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into four rectangles; press perforations to seal. Spread rectangles with cheese mixture to within 1/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each roll into four slices; place on a greased baking sheet, cut side down. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Calzone Pinwheels in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Calzone Pinwheels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review