- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix the first nine ingredients.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into four rectangles; press perforations to seal. Spread rectangles with cheese mixture to within 1/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each roll into four slices; place on a greased baking sheet, cut side down. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Calzone Pinwheels
"These were very easy to make and very yummy! I omitted the peppers and mushrooms and switched out the pepperoni for some kolbassa I had on hand. I took them to a party and they were a real hit! Will definitely make them again."
"We love these. I make them every Christmas eve. I leave out the pepperoni and add more mushrooms and green pepper instead."
""Soo yummieeei recently found one of best recipe site for all type of chicken recipeshttp://www.reciflix.com/#/category/appetizers/recipes""
"These were just OK. Was disappointed in the lack of flavor."
"It sounds so good also the combo with the sauce will make it a winner."