Calico Corn Salad Recipe
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 4 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, zucchini, red pepper, chilies and onion.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and stir gently. Chill for several hours or overnight. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Calico Corn Salad
Sort By :
Excellent salad! I had some leftover cooked corn on the cob, so I cut it off the cob and used that instead of the frozen corn. I don't like raw onion in salads, so I put a little dried minced onion in the dressing. Had no zucchini so left it out. I even skipped the green chilies, but did use a little extra on the sweet red pepper because I had some. It was absolutely delicious even with all the liberties I took with the recipe. I plan to make it again for a church potluck this weekend. A keeper!
Delicious salad! I exchanged the zucchini for 2 cans (16 oz each) Black Beans. It was very tasty. I served it at a family picnic potluck and received rave reviews and requests for the recipe. I'll for sure make it again.