Cabbage Sausage Supper Recipe
- 2 pounds smoked sausage, halved and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is lightly browned and onion is tender; drain. Add the cabbage and water. Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes. Stir in the carrots and potatoes. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cabbage Sausage Supper(19)
Sort By :
Good basic recipe! The sausage is the flavoring. Substitute the potatoes with cauliflower to remove carbs ;)
A little salt and pepper and this was wonderful. It doesn't get any easier than that. This will definitely be put into rotation at my place.
I loved it with the potatoes but you might try substituting with cauliflower.
This is very filling and very good. Recipe does not call for salt and pepper but it does need it. Flavors blend very well together. Five stars!!
I love this recipe; however, I'm trying to watch my carb intake. Any suggestions with potato replacements? More vegetables? Or should I just "eat around them." I'm a new cook so please help!