- 20 whole chicken wings (4 pounds)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1-1/2 cups butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flours, salt, paprika and cayenne. Add wings, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry six to eight wings at a time for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, adding more oil as necessary. Drain on paper towels. Transfer wings to a large bowl and keep warm.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes or until butter is melted. Pour over chicken wings and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: about 3 dozen (2 cups sauce).
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Buttery Hot Wings
Sort By :
"I liked this recipes, the wings and the sauce were very good."
"I must say this was one of the best chicken wings I've ever eaten. Both my granddaughter loved them request as they ate that we have them for dinner tomorrow. Lol I'm a chef by trade and I put small twist on things not this one. as is the bomb, thanks for sharing."