- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, salt and remaining butter; cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; add the marshmallows, chips, nuts and maple flavoring. Stir until marshmallows and chips are melted. Spoon into prepared pan. Let stand until set.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Reviews for Butterscotch Fudge
"Made this fudge for a Christmas treat in my neighbor's gift box. I poured it into a Rubbermaid 9 x 13 plastic covered dish and it stayed moist and fresh for two weeks. I also put in pecan instead of walnuts. Very good."
"Wonderful fudge. Easy to make and great flavor."
"Too sweet. IF I make again I will try it with less sugar"
"Havent tried it yet! But it looks delicious"