- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 ounces smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Toss chicken with Cajun seasoning. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; saute chicken until browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, saute sausage until browned, 1-2 minutes. Add red pepper, celery and onion; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce; cook 30 seconds. Stir in bulgur, broth, water, chicken and, if desired, cayenne; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until bulgur is tender and liquid is almost absorbed, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bulgur Jambalaya in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p145
Reviews for Bulgur Jambalaya
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review