Buffalo Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fat-free blue cheese salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine 1 tablespoon hot sauce, cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, celery, blue cheese dressing and remaining hot sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Buffalo Turkey Burgers(5)
Sort By :
I agree - super messy but fantastic!
I think they were great. They are a nice change from the Turkey Burgers we normally make.
Great flavor. Skipped the bun and wrapped in a leaf of romaine lettuce with 1/2 TB of sour cream and .5 oz of Provolone cheese for less than 200 calories.
Thought these burgers were delicious. My personal preference would be to slightly reduce amount of cumin and increase hot sauce. All in all most flavorful
Super messy, but fantastic. I left out the celery (don't like it) and piled on extra shredded lettuce. I also used Marie's Lite Blue Cheese Dressing - the fat free ones just taste funky to me.
More Recipe Collections
- Burger Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >