- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fat-free blue cheese salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine 1 tablespoon hot sauce, cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper. Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook burgers over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, celery, salad dressing and remaining hot sauce.
Freeze option: Place patties on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet; wrap and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and transfer to a large resealable plastic bag; return to freezer. To use, grill frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer to read 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Buffalo Turkey Burgers
"These burgers were incredibly moist and flavorful. I grilled them on the BBQ. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because this definitely isn't a buffalo wing taste to me, but more of a tex-mex or taco flavor, so it was kind of a surprising flavor in the end. Definitely not in a bad way, as they were delicious - but the title is very misleading."
"Really good burgers and I'm not a huge fan of turkey burgers usually! I would love to make a big batch of these and just keep them in the freezer. I added extra hot sauce to the meat and some extra garlic to mimic a garlic hot wing (my favorite kind)."
"My kids even liked these....although w/o the blue cheese. Instead of making these as regular sized burgers, I made them as sliders, and I used home-made blue cheese dressing and NM red chile powder. All in all I would say they rivaled any restaurant fare."
"These were pretty good, not the real thing, but will do."
"Very good. I reduced the cumin slightly and used ranch dressing...tasted just great."