- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1-3/4 cups (7 ounces) crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup minced Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add the chicken, onion, celery and carrot; cook and stir until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the tomatoes, wing sauce, water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup blue cheese, parsley and egg.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 1-1/2 cups sauce, 2/3 cup ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 2/3 cup cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup blue cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
Sort By :
The 1st time I tried this recipe, I used the recommended amount of blue cheese and all I could taste of the finished product was blue cheese. I threw most of it away because it was nearly inedible. I tried making it a 2nd time, and left out the blue cheese altogether. I mixed a packet of ranch dip powder into the ricotta, and the end result was rather nice. Mild flavors, with the spicy zing of buffalo sauce. If I make it again, I'll use more celery in the sauce.
My family and friends love it. Thanks for sharing!
If its too hot, but you enjoyed otherwise, perhaps you can a use a sauce less hot ;-) we often adjust recipes to our particular taste.
Have a beautiful day!
After reading the reviews, I guess my expectations were too high. If I make again, I'll use less blue cheese. Sauce was very hot.
So good! I've made this several times for potlucks/get-togethers and each time it's been a huge hit! Thank you!!
This is the best ever!! Shared with my "hot-loving" friends and they raved about it!! Make it all the time!