- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1-3/4 cups (7 ounces) crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup minced Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, celery and carrot; cook and stir until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in tomatoes, wing sauce, water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup blue cheese, parsley and egg. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 1-1/2 cups sauce, 2/3 cup ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 2/3 cup cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup blue cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
Sort By :
"My family loves this recipe. It has also became a most requested dish for potluck dinners at work as well. One of the best recipes I have ever tried and it is really pretty easy to make."
"This was wonderful. Made it for different groups - all enjoyed it. Would make again."
"We did not care for this at all. The mixture of bleu cheese, wing sauce and Italian seasonings were not complementary to each other in a pasta dish; not to mention the fat and sodium content. This actually won 1st place in a contest??"
"I added extra bleu cheese - so good!"
"This is good but the recipe needs to be edited. You are supposed to repeat the layers 3 times, but I ran out of sauce after the second time. And the ricotta mixture is 2/3 cup repeated 3 times, that's 2 cups. 15 oz ricotta 3/4 cup blue cheese an egg is more than 2 cups. 15 oz ricotta alone is almost 2 cups. So my finally layering ended up being sauceless and very heavy on the ricotta mixture."