Brunch Strata Recipe
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups cubed day-old bread
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and ham; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and cream until smooth. Gradually beat in eggs. Stir in the remaining ingredients and vegetable mixture.
- Transfer to two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Brunch Strata(7)
Sort By :
This is a winner! The only change we made was substituting olive oil for the canola oil and only used about a tablespoon or so to cut down on the fat. We sauteed the veggies with the oil in a large wok which made it easier to stir everything. It received rave reviews and requests for the recipe. This is a keeper.
I haven't made it yet, but am very much looking forward to it. I'm confident it will be delicious. I was wondering if I could make it the night before. An answer ASAP would be great!
Made for Thanksgiving breakfast. Delicious!!
Rave reviews by all! So delicious!
I added some guoda cheese on top and mozzarella cheese inside. I used milk instead of half and half. I made 1/2 of the recipe and it served 7-8 people.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mushroom Breakfast Recipes >